TermScout Seeks a Director, Product Delivery
TermScout is an early-stage company based in Denver, CO. Our mission is to become the definitive source for actionable intelligence about contract. By providing transparency to the contracting process we allow our customers to buy and sell goods more efficiently and build more transparent relationships.
TermScout recently closed its seed financing after wrapping up the Techstars Boulder Accelerator. TermScout’s founders were the winners of the Global Legal Hackathon in 2018, and the company currently has 5 full-time employees. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to get in on the ground floor of an early-stage, high-growth legal-tech startup.
We are looking for a Director, Product Delivery to head up our data abstraction, review and report generation activities to create a large scale data base of contract provisions that the company can use to generate a wide variety of reports that provide our customers with actionable business intelligence. In this role, you will lead a team of offshore attorneys, work directly with TermScout’s customers, and play a key role in evolving our product sets. This position can be anything from a short-term contract to a full-time position and could be remote (though ability to travel to Colorado (when safe to do so) strongly desired). Compensation is negotiable based on experience.
In this role you will:
- Have lead responsibility for developing, implementing, and running a scalable process that leverages technology and an offshore team to review and analyze a large volume of contracts.
- Identify opportunities to use technology to automate the review, analysis, and reporting functions and work with our engineering team to make this happen in a pragmatic fashion.
- Supervise our offshore review team, working collaboratively with them to improve efficiency and scale while delivering requisite levels of quality.
- Work with our product designers to identify and execute on opportunities to monetize the company’s data set.
- Design, develop and implement a structure for on-boarding new customers, obtaining relevant feedback from them, and growing customer satisfaction and their spend with the company.
- Stretch a dollar as far as it will go, without being penny wise and pound foolish.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong understanding of the legal aspects of commercial contracts
- Deep knowledge of commercial contracting processes including techniques (Sigma, Lean, etc.) for optimizing such processes and where automation, including growing AI capabilities, can be used to improve efficiency
- Experience in working with offshore legal review teams, ideally in a managerial capacity
- 5+ years of hands on commercial contracting experience in a high-volume environment at a corporate law department, ALSP, or law firm
- A creative mindset and a can-do attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for collecting actionable data and using it to drive continuous improvement
- A track record of delighting customers
Bonus points if you have:
- A JD
- Experience managing high-performing volume contracting teams
TermScout does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
TermScout is an equal opportunity employer.