If you’ve ever been in sales or have purchased business critical software, you know that the contract review process is a friction point and has a significant impact on the timeline to close a deal.
After a successful negotiation, a sales executive is given the green light by the client and both parties are excited to move forward with the deal. When the contract goes to legal review, the salesperson and the buyer champion lose control of the process, timing, and maybe even the ultimate outcome of the deal.
Recently Peter Fatianow, co-founder and COO of TermScout, had a chance to speak with Andy Boyd – sales guru, advisor, investor, and serial entrepreneur – about how contracts impact sales and some innovative ways to smooth out that process.
In this video, you’ll hear more about:
- Key elements of the sales process, how to simplify it and make it more effective
- Common mistakes entrepreneurs and salespeople make when it comes to contracts
- How contract negotiations impact the sales process
- Some of the worst things you can hear as a salesperson – and how to prevent them
- The importance of understanding the terms and conditions of your competitors – and how to use that information effectively
- How TermScout can help make the sales and deal closing process go smoothly, saving time and reducing risk
Watch The Scout Report – Episode 3 to learn how to make your sales process more streamlined and successful!