TermScout Lead Engineer / CTO
TermScout is an early-stage legal-tech company based in Denver, CO. We’re currently taking part in the Techstars (Boulder) Accelerator, were the winners of the Global Legal Hackathon in 2018, and are experiencing exciting levels of early traction. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to get in on the ground floor of an early-stage, high-growth legal-tech startup.
We are looking for a Lead Engineer / CTO to guide the execution of our overall product and technology functions. The ideal candidate is a seasoned software developer with demonstrated experience in defining and implementing practical and effective solutions to complex technology challenges.
In this player/coach role you:
- Bring to market the product and all the technology that goes with it (stack, environment, DevOps strategies, product management, etc.)
- Show a bias for action to drive yourself and the team to achieve results that delight customers
- Closely align with the needs of the business, operate without an ego, and thrive in an environment that is collaborative
- Empower and enable developers to demonstrate full ownership product outcomes
- Lead, inspire, and direct our existing out-sourced developers
- Provide clear technical direction, in a highly iterative manner, as we drive toward product-market-fit
- Evaluate build-buy-partner decisions to accelerate our ability to deliver value
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7-10+ years of hands-on software development experience, preferably at a tech startup
- 4+ years of engineering management experience
- Background as an accomplished software architect who equally enjoys writing code, leading and growing a team, and architecting robust, maintainable and scalable systems
- Experience leading at least one product development project resulting in a launched, commercialized product
- Strong working knowledge of the AWS environment including but not limited to Amazon Textract, S3, ElasticSearch, Aurora (SQL), Sagemaker, etc. OR equivalent experience in Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud (we’re agnostic)
- Background working with structured and unstructured data and data pipelines
- Background in natural language processing (NLP), data science, machine learning is highly desired
TermScout does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
TermScout is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested in joining our team?
Copyright © 2019 · TermScout · Nothing on our website, in any of our content, or in any communications between us is or should be considered legal advice of any kind. Our content represents our opinions only. If you need legal advice, you should hire an attorney.